Did you hear the news? Vail Resorts has announced that they will be acquiring Peak Resorts Inc in the U.S. This means a total of 17 ski areas will be added to an already extensive world-class resorts list! The following will be Epic:
- Mount Snow in Vermont
- Hunter Mountain in New York
- Attitash Mountain Resort, Wildcat Mountain and Crotched Mountain in New Hampshire
- Liberty Mountain Resort, Roundtop Mountain Resort, Whitetail Resort, Jack Frost and Big Boulder in Pennsylvania
- Alpine Valley, Boston Mills, Brandywine and Mad River Mountain in Ohio
- Hidden Valley and Snow Creek in Missouri
- Paoli Peaks in Indiana
“We are incredibly excited to have the opportunity to add such a powerful network of ski areas to our Company,” said Rob Katz, chairman and chief executive officer of Vail Resorts. “Peak Resorts’ ski areas in the Northeast are a perfect complement to our existing resorts and together will provide a very compelling offering to our guests in New York and Boston. With this acquisition, we are also able to make a much stronger connection to guests in critical cities in the Mid-Atlantic and Midwest and build on the success we have already seen with our strategy in Chicago, Minneapolis and Detroit.”
What does this mean for you? It means you can ski and board year-round with:
- Unlimited, unrestricted access to Perisher, Hotham, and Falls Creek during the 2019 season
- Five total consecutive days with no blackout dates at Hakuba Valley Japan’s ten ski resorts; and five total consecutive days with no blackout dates at Rusutsu Resort.
- 10 total days combined (with holiday restrictions) at: Vail, Beaver Creek, and Whistler Blackcomb
- Unlimited access with holiday restrictions to: Park City, Stowe, Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood
- Access to Breckenridge, Keystone, Crested Butte, Okemo, Mount Snow, Mount Sunapee, Attitash, Wildcat, Crotched, Hunter, Liberty, Roundtop, Whitetail, Jack Frost, Big Boulder, Stevens Pass, Alpine Valley, Boston Mills, Brandywine, Mad River, Hidden Valley, Snow Creek, Paoli Peaks, Afton Alps, Mt. Brighton, and Wilmot. (Peak Resorts are subject to closing).
All on the ONE pass. Yep. Woah!