Thank you for your patience while we finalised our plans for the 2020 season. This season, we are making a commitment to Australian skiers and snowboarders by providing a safe and enjoyable mountain resort experience as well as providing greater peace of mind and flexibility now available on the Epic Australia Pass. We are implementing a COVID-19 Safe Operating Plan at Perisher, Falls Creek and Hotham focused on protecting employees, guests and the communities in which we operate in.
Vail Resorts’ Commitment to Safety
To provide a safe experience for everyone, all skiers and snowboarders will be asked to cooperate with changed resort operations this season including:
- Lift Tickets & Passes: Skiers and snowboarders will only be able to access the resorts with pre-purchased passes or lift tickets. Lift tickets will be available in limited quantities for advance purchase online, with on-the-day lift ticket purchases at the resorts not available until further notice. Resorts will limit daily lift tickets sales to provide physical distancing. Pass holders will initially require a reservation to access the mountain until 12 July, but as the resorts fully open their terrain, reservations will not be required.
- Lifts: Lift operations will run at reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing. Guests who live together will be allowed to ride lifts together, while others will be required to physically distance with reduced capacity by lift type.
- Skitube: In order to provide physical distancing, resort transportation, including Perisher’s Skitube, will be operating at reduced capacity with amended timetables. Guests must purchase their Skitube tickets online and in advance, as on-the-day purchasing will not be available. Skitube guests carrying luggage for overnight stays will be required to travel outside of peak operating periods.
- Food and Beverage: • With indoor physical distancing requirements in place, food and beverage options and indoor seating will be limited, but additional outdoor seating will be provided. In most cases food service will be limited to take-away, at least in the early season. Guests are encouraged to bring their own snacks and lunch to enjoy on the mountain. Most venues will be cashless for contactless payment. Depending on further easing of physical distancing guidelines as the season progresses, food and beverage facilities may gain more capacity and be able to expand services.
- ActivitiesThere will be no tobogganing or Tubetown on offer at Perisher.
- Snowsports School: Snowsports School programs will be limited with more programs being offered throughout the season as restrictions ease and offerings can be safely expanded.
- Lodging: Hotels, apartments and lodges will operate at reduced capacity to ensure that physical distancing can be achieved in restaurants and common areas. For more information about hospitality reservations and protocols.
Guest Commitment To Safety
To enable safe resort operations, guests are requested to stay home if they are not feeling well or are considered high risk. To ensure the safest experience for everyone, guests will be asked to respect all protocols and respect physical distancing guidelines.
- Physical Distancing Guidelines: Physical distancing will be provided at each resort, based on the amount of terrain and lifts open. Guests will be asked to respect 1.5metres of physical distance at all times in the ski area and at ski lifts, unless they are with a group that they live with.
- Personal Responsibility : A safe snow experience is the responsibility of everyone. Guests are expected to adhere to government hygiene and physical distancing guidelines, in addition to the Alpine Responsibility Code, to provide a safe environment for everyone. The Australian Government is encouraging guests to download the COVIDSafe app to improve safety. You can find more information and download it here.
Find out more details about operations at Perisher, Falls Creek and Hotham below:
Epic Australia Pass for the 2020 Season
While terrain and lifts are limited during the early season ramp up, guests with a 2020 Epic Australia Pass, 2019-20 Epic Pass or 2019-20 Epic Military Pass will be required to make a reservation to access the resorts. Reservations will be required from opening day until 12 July, or as soon as weather and available terrain and lifts permit. Details on how to reserve your days will be shared here. From 13 July, or as soon as we able to open adequate terrain and lifts, you will enjoy your season pass access without the need for a reservation at Perisher, Falls Creek and Hotham. We fully recognise that a reservation system is new for our pass holders and we appreciate your understanding and willingness to help us ensure everyone’s safety.
In order to manage resort capacity, Bring-A-Mate tickets will not be included with the 2020 Epic Australia Pass benefits. Additionally, the Epic Australia Pass Skitube add-on will no longer be offered as the Skitube will operate at reduced capacity and will require advance purchased tickets to allow for physical distancing. A full list of updated benefits are here. Guests who have purchased a 2020 Epic Australia Pass are encouraged to review these updated benefits carefully to ensure you understand the changes.
Epic Coverage for all Epic Australia Pass Holders
We know these are uncertain times and want to ensure that we are providing you both peace of mind about your Epic Australia Pass purchase as well as flexibility to make a choice about your commitment to the season ahead of opening day. We recognise the various impacts of COVID-19 on our guests and we are offering a refund in advance of the season if you do not want to continue with your pass.
Vail Resorts is also redefining Pass Refund Protection for 2020 by providing Epic Coverage to everyone who purchases an Epic Australia Pass. Epic Coverage, which is free for all pass holders, replaces the need to purchase Pass Refund Protection and provides refunds associated with certain personal events, including illness, job loss, and injury. It also expands coverage to provide refunds to guests for certain resort closures, including for resort closures due to COVID-19. Any guests who do not elect a refund by 05 July will be charged the final payment for your 2020 Epic Australia Pass.
After the 05 July refund deadline, the 2020 Epic Australia Pass is non-refundable except as provided for under Epic Coverage and under Australian Consumer Law. All guests will receive a refund of any Pass Refund Protection and Skitube add-ons purchased for the 2020 season.
2020 Epic Australia Pass, 2019-20 Epic Pass and 2019-20 Epic Military Pass holders will be advised shortly of the timing and process for pass access reservations for the period 6 to 12 July. While reservations will be limited, and are not guaranteed, season pass holders will have access to a separate reservations pool in an effort to provide priority early season access. To ensure you are notified when pass holder access reservations open for 6-12 July, please register here.
Your Pass Holder Options
Keep Your Epic Australia Pass
If you choose to keep your 2020 Epic Australia Pass, final payment will be processed by 26 June. In an effort to carefully manage social distancing requirements, there are changes to both the access and benefits offered. This includes changes to the following benefits:
- 6 Bring a Mate discounted invitations - not available
- First Tracks - changes to scheduling
- Perisher Skitube Season Pass Add-on - not available
Epic Australia Pass guests will be required to make a reservation to access the resorts prior to 13 July due to limited lifts and terrain in the season ramp up and the requirement to carefully manage resort capacity. Reservations will be available here.
New epic coverage free with your epic Australia Pass!
Free Epic Coverage for peace of mind, and more time to make your decision. Protection against:
- Job loss
- Certain resort closures (eg. COVID-19)
Request A Refund
COVID-19 has presented challenges to our guests, employees and communities. As a result, we are giving pass holders the option to request a refund of all payments made towards your 2020 Epic Australia Pass and Pass Refund Protection. You must request a refund prior to 05 July.
Epic Australia Pass Frequently Asked Questions: