Falls Creek and Hotham Frequently Asked Questions
Hero Pass Details
- Will my 2019 Hero Pass still be valid for this season?
Yes, Vail Resorts will continue to honour 2019 Hero pass products for both Falls Creek and Hotham with existing Hero Pass access.
- Will my 2019 Hero Pass also have access to Perisher?
No, the 2019 Hero Pass offers unlimited access to both Falls Creek and Hotham resorts but will not include access to ski or ride at Perisher.
- Am I able to cancel my 2019 Hero Pass?
No, your 2019 Hero Pass deposit or purchase may not be cancelled. The Hero Pass is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- I already purchased a 2019 Hero Pass can I convert it to a 2019 Epic Australia Pass™?
Yes, in the week commencing Monday 6 May we will be progressively contacting all fully paid Hero Pass holders via email with the specific instructions for converting your Hero Pass into an Epic Australia Pass™.
- I purchased both the 2019 Hero Pass and the 2019 Epic Australia Pass™, can I opt out of one of them?
Yes. If you already purchased both passes, you can decide to opt out of one of the passes. Contact the sales team at:
Please note Hotham access on the Epic Australia PassTM is pending certain approvals.
- I paid more for my Hero Pass than the Epic Australia Pass™. If I convert to the Epic Australia Pass™ will I get a refund?
This will depend on the difference between the price of the Hero pass vs. The Epic Australia Pass™ at the time of purchase. If the price was lower for the Hero Pass at time of purchase, your credit card on file will be charged an upgrade fee to convert to the Epic Australia Pass™, if the price was higher, your credit card on file will be refunded the difference. In the week commencing Monday 6 May we will be progressively contacting all fully paid Hero Pass holders via email with the specific instructions for converting your Hero Pass into an Epic Australia Pass™.
- I paid for Pass Protection for the 2019 Hero Pass but now I want to convert my pass to an Epic Australia Pass™, will the Pass Protection be applied to the Epic Australia Pass™ and will I get a refund for the difference?
Yes, if you paid for Pass Protection and have paid in full for your Hero Pass, you can convert both your pass and your Pass Protection to the Epic Australia Pass. Please note that access at Hotham on the Epic Australia Pass™ is pending certain approvals.
- Are the benefits of the 2019 Hero Pass changing?
No, the 2019 Hero Pass benefits are not changing, for more details on your benefits please visit: https://www.mthotham.com.au/lift-pass/season-pass/hero-pass#65043-benefits or https://www.skifalls.com.au/passes/season-pass-falls-creek-2019
- If I convert my 2019 Hero Pass to an Epic Australia Pass™, do I still get my Hero Pass Benefits?
No, Hero Pass benefits are for Hero Pass holders only. With the Epic Australia Pass™ you will have access to a wide range of discounts and special benefits at Perisher, The Best of the U.S. and Whistler Blackcomb for a complete list of benefits please visit, www.epicaustraliapass.com.au/benefits
Epic Australia Pass™ & Epic Pass™ Details
- If I plan to ski Falls Creek or Hotham on an Epic Australia Pass™ can I go straight to the lift?
Yes. Once you have received your Australian issued Epic Australia Pass in the mail, the pass will work at Falls Creek and Hotham as well as Perisher without the need to visit a ticket office.
- If I plan to ski Falls Creek or Hotham on an Epic Pass™ or Military Epic Pass can I go straight to the lift?
No. Simply follow these three easy steps to register your pass for use in Australia:
Visit a pass office in Falls Creek or Hotham
Provide your 2018/19 Epic Pass or 2018/19/ Military Epic Pass as well as ID that states your name and date of birth
Sign a release form, have your photo taken and we’ll issue you with a pass for Falls Creek and Hotham as well as Perisher
- Can I use my Bring a Mate discounted tickets at Falls Creek and Hotham?
At this stage Bring a Mate discounted tickets will only be available for use at Perisher during the 2019 season.